My horoscope for today read “Do something on a regular basis, write a journal, work out etc etc” so I remembered my long forgotten blog.
I am feeling lazy to cook plus we have a dinner invite today, a colleague of mine had a baby girl and today is her naming ceremony and I am looking forward to it. As usual AD will not join us he does not join me for any W parties and we have had numerous arguments that I go to all the C parties. Anyway I love them so no point arguing as it is one of facts that we have to live with the fact that we work for competitors.
I decided to cook easy-breezy yummy Pav bhaji and yippee it turned out well, AD loved it and isn’t always when he finds no faults with my cooking :) . SD has not been keeping well he has not been eating at all and loosing a lot of weight. All his blood test results have been normal but still his appetite has not been good. Doc has prescribed some medicines for 7 days to see if he starts to eat else we will have to travel to Little Rock to see a stomach pediatrician.
Easy-breezy Pav Bhaji
1. Medium Potatoes- 2
2. Carrots – 2
3. Peas - a handful
4. Corn – a handful
5. Tomatoes – 2
6. Cauliflower – a few florets
8. Onion – 1
9. Green chilly – 5
10. Capsicum – 2
11. Oil – 2 tablespoons
12. Ghee – 2 tablespoons
13. Butter for the pav
15. Turmeric a pinch
16. Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
17. Cumin powder – 3 teaspoons
18. Red chilly powder – 2 teaspoon
19. Amchur – 2 teaspoon
20. Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
21. Sauf – 1 teaspoon
22. Pav bhaji masala – 2 teaspoon
1. Roughly chop all the veggies
2. Add all the masala’s and oil except for pav bhaji masala, cumin seeds, sauf and Amchur.
3. Pressure cook them with one and half cup water for about 3-4 whistles.
4. Once done using the hand grinder mash all the veggies
5. Heat ghee in a pan add cumin seeds, sauf, pav bhaji masala, amchur and salt if required
6. Add this to the mashed veggies and on low flame heat it while you cook pav
7. For pav apply butter and on a griddle heat them for sometime
8. Serve with finely chopped onion, lemon and coriander leaves.