Wednesday, July 16, 2008
This recipe is from AD. I come from a veggie background and I learned to cook NV from AD and my MIL. For the vegetarians substitute the keema with Soya granules.
1. Minced Mutton – 1 LB
2. Onion - 1 large one
3. Peas – 1 cup
4. Garlic – according to taste
5. Ginger -
6. Tomatoes – 1
10. Garam masala powder
12. Green chillies
16. Sugar a pinch
17. Tej patta
1. Heat oil and fry the peas with turmeric and salt till they are cooked and hardened
2. Puree the onion, tomatoes, garlic, ginger.
3. Heat the oil in the kadai add tej patta, and the crush the clove and cinnamon
4. Fry the puree till it turns brown
5. Add chilly powder, salt, turmeric, sugar
6. Add Keema on low flame and cook till it starts to change the color
7. Add the fried peas to it and cook for another 10 min till the meat is cooked
8. Heat ghee add garam masala and add this to the keema and let it stand for 2-3 min on low flame.
9. Serve hot with rotis.
You could even make Keema samosas. Use this for filling